From Deck Hand to Licensed Commercial Boat Captain, our program will lead you every step of the way. The goals and objectives are specific and your desire to succeed will pave the way to the top of this exciting, one of a kind position.
Since 1906, thousands of tourists have enjoyed the scenic beauty of the world famous Dalles (Dells) of the St. Croix River by way of Taylor’s Falls Scenic Boat Tour’s authentic paddle wheel boats and canoes.
The geological history combined with the sheer beauty of the St Croix River, A National Scenic River
Way; make a great office to start your new journey towards becoming a US Coast Guard Licensed Boat Captain.
Taylors Falls Scenic Boat Tours is also associated with the Taylors Falls Canoe and Kayak Rental, Wildwood RV Park and Campground, and Wild Mountain Recreation Area. All of our facilities are great places to work. You will find a friendly, fun, and family oriented atmosphere to work in, and receive great training, competitive wages, and excellent activity perks for all of our activities.
This CAN BE A FULL TIME, YEAR ROUND OR SEASONAL POSITION DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
FULL-TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE a great health care plan, cafeteria flex plan, 401K with company match, long and short term disability, life insurance and great activity benefits for all the companies we operate.
All candidates must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Hiring, training, and motivating team members mostly comprised of high school and college students.
- Perform and lead your team in overall quality of guest service, cleanliness and organization.
- Begging season set up, end of season shut down.
- Set up and take down of a variety of excursions and special events.
- Tie, untie, and prepare boats for various types of excursions.
- Giving public excursion and group history cruise speeches.
- Performing opening and closing duties for both boats, snack bars, and ticket stand.
- Driving the boats
- First aid
- Operation of fire fighting and bilge controls.
- High energy and self motivating.
- Ability to speak well in public.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Strong mechanical / maintenance knowledge and aptitude.
- Ability to lift weights in excess of 75 pounds regularly.
- Ability to be on your feet, walking, standing, etc for the majority of each shift.
- Have a valid driver’s license with good record.
- Ability to work outside in all the elements of Minnesota weather.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS